On 12/11/15 4:21 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
>>  Note that Btrfs is
>> > not unique, XFS v5 does a very similar thing with volume UUID as
>> > well,
>> > and resulted in this change:
>> > http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2015-April/041267.html
> Do you mean that xfs may suffer from the same issues that we're talking
> about here? If so, one should probably give them a notice.

That was disabled temporarily because changing the fs UUID meant that
every piece of checksummed metadata with an embedded UUID would then
mismatch.

It was fixed (re-allowed) with

ce748ea xfs: create new metadata UUID field and incompat flag

in the kernel and

9c4e12f xfsprogs: Add new sb_meta_uuid field, update userspace tools to
manipulate it

in xfsprogs.

-Eric