Goffredo Baroncelli posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2015 19:20:32 +0100 as
excerpted:

> Ducan talked about a N-way mirroring, where each disks contains a copy
> of the same data. Nobody talked about N-way mirroring where N is less
> than the number of the available disks.

Well, to be fair, I did /try/ to talk about raid10 in the context of N-
way-mirroring, as *one*future*option*, which would let you do say 3-way-
mirroring, 2-way-striping, using six devices, giving you that choice in
addition to the current 3-way-striping, 2-way-mirroring, that's the only
current choice for btrfs raid10 with six devices, since it's limited to
two-way-mirroring.

But obviously I was more confusing than clear, since you apparently
didn't see that bit at all, and he saw it, but apparently ended up more
confused than helped by it, possibly due to trying to apply that
discussion to a larger scope than the limited one-future-option scope
that I had originally intended.