On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM,  <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:

>> > It would be a 20meg file, if I were to post the whole file.  but I can
>> > tell you, no hardware errors at any time.
>>
>> The kernel is tainted, looks like a proprietary kernel module, so you
>> have to have very good familiarity with the workings of that module to
>> know whether it might affect what's going on, or you'd have to retest
>> without that kernel module.
>>
>> Anyway, asking for the whole dmesg isn't arbitrary, it saves times
>> having to ask for more later. The two things you've provided so far
>> aren't enough, any number of problems could result in those messages.
>> So my suggestion is when people ask for something, provide it or don't
>> provide it, but don't complain about what they're asking for. The
>> output from btrfs-debug-tree might be several hundred MB. The output
>> from btrfs-image might be several GB. So if you're not willing to
>> provide 100kB, let alone 20MB, of kernel messages that might give some
>> hint what's going on, the resistance itself is off putting. It's like
>> having to pull your own loose tooth for you, no one really wants to do
>> that.
>
> How far back do you want to go in terms of the messages?

The kernel log buffer isn't that big by default which is why I asked
for the entire dmesg, not the entire /var/log/messages file. But if
you can reproduce the problem with a new boot, that'd certainly make
the kernel log shorter and cleaner if that's the concern.

The errno -95 is itself sufficiently rare there's no possible way to
answer your question because I don't know anyone would even know what
they're looking for until they find it. It's even possible it won't be
found by looking at kernel messages.

How was the fs created? Conversion? If mkfs.btrfs, what version of
progs and what options were used to create it?  And what was happening
at the time of the first errno=-95?

--
Chris Murphy