On 2016-02-08 20:24, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 18:22:34 +0900
Tomasz Chmielewski <t...@virtall.com> wrote:

Linux 4.4.0 - btrfs is mainly used to host lots of test containers,
often snapshots, and at times, there is heavy IO in many of them for
extended periods of time. btrfs is on HDDs.

Every few days I'm getting "no space left" in a container running mongo
3.2.1 database. Interestingly, haven't seen this issue in containers
with MySQL. All databases have chattr +C set on their directories.

Hello,

Do you snapshot the parent subvolume which holds the databases? Can you
correlate that perhaps ENOSPC occurs at the time of snapshotting?

Not sure.

With the last error, a snapshot was made at around 06:06, while "no space left" was reported on 06:14. Suspiciously close to each other, but still, a few minutes away.

Unfortunately I don't have error log for previous cases.

If yes, then
you should try the patch https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7967161/

(Too bad this was not included into 4.4.1.)

I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.ptraveler.com