Am Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:28:22 -0600
schrieb Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com>:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Kai Krakow <hurikha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, this time it hit me on the USB backup drive which uses no
> > bcache and no other fancy options except compress-force=zlib.
> > Apparently, I've only got a (real) screenshot which I'm going to
> > link here:
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qbc7np23y8lrii/IMG_20160326_200033.jpg?dl=0
>
> This is a curious screen shot. It's a dracut pre-mount shell, so
> nothing should be mounted yet. And btrfs check only works on an
> unmounted file system. And yet the bottom part of the trace shows a
> Btrfs volume being made read only, as if it was mounted read write and
> is still mounted. Huh?

It's a pre-mount shell because I wanted to check the rootfs from there.
I mounted it once (and unmounted) before checking (that's
bcache{0,1,2}). Yeah, you can get there forcibly by using
rd.break=pre-mount - and yeah, nothing "should" be mounted unless I did
so previously. But I cut that away as it contained unrelated errors to
this problem and would be even more confusing.

The file system that failed then was the one I just mounted to put the
stdout of btrfsck on (sde1). That one showed these (screenshot) kernel
console logs just in the middle of typing the command - so a few
seconds after mounting.

What may be consusing to you: I use more than one btrfs. ;-)

bcache{0,1,2} = my rootfs (plus subvolumes)
sde = my USB3 backup drive (or whatever the kernel assigns)

Both run btrfs. The bcache*'s have their own problems currently, I'd
like to set those aside first and get the backup drive back in good
shape. The latter seems easier to fix.

--
Regards,
Kai