Mark Fasheh wrote on 2016/04/08 12:18 -0700:
On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 03:10:35PM +0200, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
[cc: Mark and Qu]

On 04/08/16 13:51, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
On 04/08/16 13:14, Filipe Manana wrote:
Using Chris' for-linus-4.6 branch, which is 4.5-rc6 + all 4.6 btrfs
patches, it didn't reproduce here:

Great, that's good to know (sort of :). Thanks also to Liu Bo.

Are you sure that you are not using some patches not in 4.6?

We have a bingo!

Reverting "qgroup: Fix qgroup accounting when creating snapshot"
from last Wednesday immediately fixes the problem.

Not surprising, I had some issues testing it out too. I'm pretty sure this
patch is corrupting memory, I just haven't found where yet though my
educated guess is that the transaction is being reused improperly.
        --Mark

--
Mark Fasheh

Still digging the bug Mark has reported about the patch.

Good to have another report, as I can't always reproduce the soft lockup from Mark.

It seems that the WARN_ON will bring another clue to fix it.

BTW, the memory corruption assumption seems to be quite helpful.
I didn't consider in that way, but it seems to be the only reason causing dead spinlock while no other thread spinning and no lockdep warning.

Thanks,
Qu