Chris Murphy posted on Wed, 04 May 2016 12:07:39 -0600 as excerpted:

> If you think it's worth the hassle, then you have to directly modify the
> grub.cfg to include an expanded rootflags parameter. Right now
> grub-mkconfig logic doesn't not include all options in fstab for
> rootflags.

And...

That might explain why his grub2 behavior didn't match what I expected.

Here, I entirely did away with the high-level grub config machinery like
grub-mkconfig (to the point I install-mask some of the files so they
don't get installed and thus can't accidentally be run, by some third
party configuration script or something, and mess up my direct config)
and I strictly do direct editing of the actual grub.cfg (and included
files) in grub's native shell-like script.

I tend to forget that grub has this entire higher level config machinery
that most people use, but that wasn't configuring grub the way I wanted,
and that I'd have to learn IN ADDITION to the low-level scripting in
ordered to get grub to do what I wanted, if I was to continue to use the
high-level stuff at all.  Problem solved locally by simply deleting and
masking the high-level stuff so it doesn't install, so I had to learn
only the low-level script config, but that doesn't help me remember that
few others will be doing that, and that the high-level stuff even exists.

So, umm, yeah, I was envisioning editing the low-level grub.cfg script
file directly.  If he's editing the higher level config and running grub-
mkconfig or whatever to attempt to apply it to the lower level, then yes,
that high level machinery could apply something entirely different than
what I envisioned at the lower level, that of course being the major
reason I use exclusively the lower level scripting language config stuff,
here.