On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 02:37:42PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> No much change from previous version.
> 1) Rebased to latest devel branch
>
> 2) Update ctree.h to follow kernel structure change
>
> 3) Update print-tree to follow kernel structure change
>
> Qu Wenruo (7):
>   btrfs-progs: Basic framework for dedupe command group
>   btrfs-progs: dedupe: Add enable command for dedupe command group
>   btrfs-progs: dedupe: Add disable support for inband dedupelication
>   btrfs-progs: dedupe: Add status subcommand
>   btrfs-progs: Add dedupe feature for mkfs and convert
>   btrfs-progs: Add show-super support for new DEDUPE flag
>   btrfs-progs: debug-tree: Add dedupe tree support
>
> Wang Xiaoguang (1):
>   btrfs-progs: property: add a dedupe property
>
>  Documentation/Makefile.in             |   1 +
>  Documentation/btrfs-dedupe.asciidoc   | 150 ++++++++++++++++
>  Documentation/btrfs-property.asciidoc |   2 +
>  Documentation/btrfs.asciidoc          |   4 +
>  Documentation/mkfs.btrfs.asciidoc     |   9 +
>  Makefile.in                           |   3 +-
>  btrfs-completion                      |   6 +-
>  btrfs-convert.c                       |  19 +-
>  btrfs.c                               |   1 +
>  cmds-dedupe.c                         | 329
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can we please have seperate and obvious namespaces for in-band dedupe and
out-of-band dedupe commands? I realize that there is no oob-dedupe
funcationality in btrfs-progs today but I would like to avoid confusing
users in the case that this code hits btrfs-progs.

Specifically by this, I mean I'd like to see anything except 'dedupe' as the
btrfs command, so a user who sees 'btrfs dedupe ....' is not confusing the
two forms we have.

I don't personally care what other name is used and of course it could have
'dedupe' in the name just not solely 'dedupe'. As a poor example, we could
call it 'btrfs inband-dedupe ...'.

Thanks,
        --Mark

--