Hey.

I've lost a bit track recently and the wiki changelog doesn't seem to
contain much about how things went on at the RAID5/6 front... so how're
things going?

Is it already more or less "productively" usable? What's still missing?
Well, you still can't even check for free space.
    You can, but not with that tool.

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#Understanding_free_space.2C_using_the_original_tools

    Hugo.
That tool however according to the wiki is the "new tool" which you are supposed to use! The other options are not that good...

btrfs fi usage
==> 3x WARNING: RAID56 detected, not implemented
btrfs fi df
==> only shows what part of "allocated" space is in use, not useful information if you want to know if you have free space
btrfs fi show
==> does not show total free space. I guess you can use the information in btrfs fi show and then subtract used from total and then multiply that? But by what? n disks? Or by n-1 disks because of parity? ==> multiplying it by all disks (including parity) seems to arrive at a similar free space as df -h shows me. But is it correct? Or should it be 4/5 of this because I have one parity disk and 4 data disks?

I do however stand corrected: You actually can (barely) check for free space. And you can get a number that might or might not be the free space.