On 6/13/16 11:48 AM, David Sterba wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 07:48:01PM -0400, je...@suse.com wrote:
>> +#define TP_printk_btrfs(fmt, args...) \
>> +    TP_printk("%pU: " fmt, __entry->fsid, args)
>
> So it's identified by the UUID. As there's no previous format of the
> filesystem identifier (unlike the syslog messages), I'm ok with using
> the UUID.

Buried in the patch is actually the single use of a previous format for
trace events that I've converted to use the macros.  It's the
btrfs_space_reservation that Josef added in 2012[1].

I wouldn't have minded a shorter identifier but given how prevalent its
usage is internal to the FS, its exported interfaces, and tools
surrounding it, it seems like it's the only real choice.

-Jeff

[1] 8c2a3ca20f6 (Btrfs: space leak tracepoints)

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs