On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 05:42:33PM +0200, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> On 07/06/16 17:20, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 12:16:01AM +0900, Wang Shilong wrote:

> >> I don't have a taste whether it needed or not, because it is somehow
> >> useful to let users know some files/directories skipped....
>
> When you run "find /path -type d" you don't get messages for all the
> things you just didn't want to find either.

   No, but you do get messages about unreadable directories from find.

   Your example above would be "You asked for X and <thing> isn't an
X". That's not what these messages are about -- what we're seeing here
is "I tried to do what you asked to <thing>, but couldn't".

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | "There's a Martian war machine outside -- they want
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | to talk to you about a cure for the common cold."