I'm trying to find non-snapshots, i.e. 'top-level' subvolumes in a
filesystem and this seems harder than it IMHO should be.

The fs is just like:

/mnt/stuff
 subvolA
 subvolA-date1
 subvolA-date2
 subvolB
 subvolB-date1
 subvolB-date2
..

All I want are the subvol{A,B} *without* the snapshots, but so
far I haven't been able to accomplish this easily with "subvol list"
and its options. -s lists only snapshots, but what I want is the
exact opposite.

So far the best I could find - except for relying on my ad-hoc naming
conventions and inverse-grepping for that - is via -q (print parent UUID)
and matching on that:

btrfs subvol list -q /mnt/stuff | grep "parent_uuid -" | cut -f 11 -d " "

gives me what I want - but eeww. So somehow I think I'm missing something
trivial. Is there a better, non-greppy way?

Holger