Am 29.07.2016 um 21:14 schrieb Omar Sandoval:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:11:53PM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 08:40:26PM +0200, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> i'm seeing btrfs no space messages frequently on big filesystems (> 30TB).
>>>
>>> In all cases i'm getting a trace like this one a space_info warning.
>>> (since commit [1]). Could someone please be so kind and help me
>>> debugging / fixing this bug? I'm using space_cache=v2 on all those systems.
>>
>> Hm, so I think this indicates a bug in space accounting somewhere else
>> rather than the free space tree itself. I haven't debugged one of these
>> issues before, I'll see if I can reproduce it. Cc'ing Josef, too.
>
> I should've asked, what sort of filesystem activity triggers this?

Sure.

The workload on the FS is basically:
- Write file1 (50GB - 500GB)

- cp --reflink=always file1 to file2
- apply changes to file2 (100MB - 5GB)

- cp --reflink=always file2 to file3
- apply changes to file3 (100MB - 5GB)

- delete file1

- cp --reflink=always file3 to file4
- apply changes to file4 (100MB - 5GB)

- delete file2

And this for around 300 files a day. btrfs balance with dusage=5 and
musage=5 is running daily sometimes in parallel to the workload above.

Greets,
Stefan