Am Montag, 12. September 2016, 23:21:09 CEST schrieb Pasi Kärkkäinen:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 09:57:17PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > > https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status
> >
> > Great.
> >
> > I made to minor adaption. I added a link to the Status page to my warning
> > in before the kernel log by feature page. And I also mentioned that at
> > the time the page was last updated the latest kernel version was 4.7.
> > Yes, thats some extra work to update the kernel version, but I think its
> > beneficial to explicitely mention the kernel version the page talks
> > about. Everyone who updates the page can update the version within a
> > second.
>
> Hmm.. that will still leave people wondering "but I'm running Linux 4.4, not
> 4.7, I wonder what the status of feature X is.."
>
> Should we also add a column for kernel version, so we can add "feature X is
> known to be OK on Linux 3.18 and later"..  ? Or add those to "notes" field,
> where applicable?

That was my initial idea, and it may be better than a generic kernel version
for all features. Even if we fill in 4.7 for any of the features that are
known to work okay for the table.

For RAID 1 I am willing to say it works stable since kernel 3.14, as this was
the kernel I used when I switched /home and / to Dual SSD RAID 1 on this
ThinkPad T520.

--
Martin