At 09/21/2016 03:35 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 03:28:25PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
Hi,

For this well-known bug, is there any one fixing it?

It can't be more frustrating finding some one has already worked on it after
spending days digging.

BTW, since kernel scrub is somewhat scrap for raid5/6, I'd like to implement
btrfsck scrub support, at least we can use btrfsck to fix bad stripes before
kernel fix.

  Why wouldn't you fix in-kernel code?  Why implement duplicate functionality
when you can fix the root cause?

We'll fix in-kernel code.

Fsck one is not duplicate, we need a better standard thing to compare with kernel behavior.

Just like qgroup fix in btrfsck, if kernel can't handle something well, we do need to fix kernel, but a good off-line fixer won't hurt. (Btrfs-progs is much easier to implement, and get fast review/merge cycle, and it can help us to find better solution before screwing kernel up again)

Thanks,
Qu