Hi All,
Taking a step back as well- there is also the possibility that you
might not need snapshots

I say this as you're a noobie- like me!
If you're a noobie, I assume you're not using it to host some massive
Oracle DB and need all these features

If you're using this for a home media server or some other small scale
project (small business) then perhaps incremental backups to another
array (preferably offsite) is what you need.
Even if the above isn't correct about you- it might be true of someone
reading this, so probably worth mentioning

Cheers