On 2016-11-02 05:18, Christian Völker wrote:
Hi Hugo,

thanks for the quick reply. Regarding version- I prefer to use stable
Linux versions....and I am not going to upgrade just btrfs outside of
the verndors builds. So I am stuck happily with this version. And I run
Linux since more than 10years, so I am really fine with it, I guess :D

And thanks again for your proposal. Yes, your command worked.

I had to tell betrfs the devid!

So this did NOT work:

 btrfs fi resize  max /srv/share/

Instead the following two commands worked:

 btrfs fi resize  1:max /srv/share/
 btrfs fi resize  2:max /srv/share/

And now boths phydevices show the correct size.

This sound really strange for me that I have to tell btrfs to resize
just a single disk insteag of automatically resizing all disks...I bet
next time I have it forgotten again :-(
Responding just to this in particular.

The reasoning behind this is that by requiring the device ID to be specified, it reduces the amount of parsing required, which in turn makes the command more robust. There are also plenty of practical reasons to resize just one device in a multi-device filesystem (for example, if you're replacing one disk at a time, or just need to free up some space on a single disk, etc), so we need to have support for that, and in turn it's easier from a software maintenance perspective to just require it to be that way.

That said, I would love to have 'btrfs fi resize max' special cased to just resize every device in the FS to max size, since increasing the size of a device is much more common than reducing it, and it's a lot more convenient than having to look up device ID's (because those can change as devices are added to and removed from the FS).