Yes, I don't think one could find any NAND based SSDs with <4k page
size on the market right now (even =4k is hard to get) and 4k is
becoming the new norm for HDDs. However, some HDD manufacturers
continue to offer drives with 512 byte sectors (I think it's possible
to get new ones in sizable quantities if you need them).

I am aware it wouldn't solve the problem for >=4k sector devices
unless you are ready to balance frequently. But I think it would still
be a lot better to waste padding space on 4k stripes than, say, 64k
stripes until you can balance the new block groups. And, if the space
waste ratio is tolerable, then this could be an automatic background
task as soon as an individual block group or their totals get to a
high waste ratio.

I suggest this as a quick temporal workaround because it could be
cheap in terms of work if the above mentioned functionalities (stripe
size change, auto-balance) would be worked on anyway (regardless of
RAID-5/6 specific issues) until some better solution is realized
(probably through a lot more work over a lot longer development
period). RAID-5 isn't really optimal for a huge amount of disks (URE
during rebuild issue...), so the temporary space waste is probably
<=8x per unbalanced block groups (which are 1Gb or may be ~10Gb if I
am not mistaken, so usually <<8x of the whole available space). But
may be my guesstimates are wrong here.