I recon it took me about 5 minutes to realise what I'd done, then I
unmounted the volume. I don't think I wrote anything inbetween, but
there were a few applications open at that time, so there might have
been some i/o.

When you say 'by itself', you mean without the '-o 5'?

I've tried that initially, but it run for a few hours with no output
beside the initial 'Superblock...'.  I realized I forgot to redirect
the stdout which I thought that would be a good idea so I restarted it
with '-o 5' (found some advice said that's the thing to do if it was
the root subvolume that was deleted).

Anyway, restarted it without '-o 5', let's see whether it makes any
difference. Is there any indication on how long it should take? Just
roughly, hours, days? I've got about 150GB of data on that partition I
think. Also, is there supposed to be incremental output, or will it be
one big wall of text once it's finished?

As I said, when I tried before there was no output at all for hours,
which seemed a bit strange.

Thanks for your help!