I've tried your binaries, which also seem to work fine on Debian
Stretch. (At least using the latest ubuntu xenial binary).

I've only run into one little issue, btrfs-dedupe will abort with
"Serialization error: invalid value: Path contains invalid UTF-8
characters at line 0 column 0" if I run it on some large top level
directories. Unfortunately it doesn't list which directory it has a
problem with. Wouldn't it be better if btrfs-dedupe simply ignores
directories it has a problem with, and continues with the rest?