Hi Gordon,

I'm quite sure this is not a good idea.
I do understand, that dd-ing a running system will miss some changes
done to the file system while copying. I'm surprised that I didn't end
up with some corrupted files, but with no files at all.
Also, I'm not interested in restoring the old Suse 13.2 system. I just
want some configuration files from it.

Cheers,
Michael