Hi Hugo,

As I re-read it closely (and also other comments in the thread) I know
understand there is a difference how nodatacow works even if snapshot are
in place.

On autodefrag I wonder is there some more detailed documentation about how
autodefrag works.

The manual  https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Mount_options    has
very general statement.

What does "detect random IO" really means  ? It also talks about
 defragmenting the file - is i really about the whole file which is
triggered for defrag or is defrag locally ?      Ie I would understand what
as writes happen the  1MB block is checked and if it is more than X
fragments it is defragmented or something like that.

Also does autodefrag works with nodatacow (ie with snapshot)  or are these
exclusive ?