I'm using trying to use qgroups to keep track of storage occupied by snapshots. I noticed that: a) no two rescans can run in parallel, and there's no way to schedule another rescan while one is running; b) seems like it's a whole-disk operation regardless of path specified in CLI.

I only just started to fill my new 24Tb btrfs volume using qgroups, but rescans already take a long time, and due to (a) above I each time have to wait for previous rescan to finish in my scripts. Can anything be done about it, like trashing and recomputing only statistics for specific qgroup?

Linux host 4.4.0-62-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
btrfs-progs v4.4

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili