On 2017-05-08 12:22, Sean Greenslade wrote:
On May 8, 2017 11:28:42 AM EDT, Sanidhya Solanki <lkml.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 8 May 2017 10:16:44 -0400
Alexandru Guzu <alexg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sean, how would you approach the copy of the data back and forth if
the OS is on it? Would a Send-receive and then back work?

You could use a Live-USB and then just dd it to remote or attached
storage, if
you want to be absolutely sure the data is not affected.

I would not suggest either of those. Send / receive might work, but since we
don't know the source of the problem, it risks transferring the problem. DD
would not solve the problem at all, since we're trying to rebuild the
partition, not clone it.
Send/receive is not likely to transfer the problem unless it has something to do with how things are reflinked. Receive operates by recreating the sent subvolume from userspace using regular commands and the clone ioctls, so it won't replicate any low-level structural issues in the filesystem unless they directly involve the way extents are being shared (or are a side effect of that). On top of that, if there is an issue on the sending side, send itself will probably not send that data, so it's actually only marginally more dangerous than using something like rsync to copy the data.