On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 05:31:32PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
>  You mean at btrfs: write_dev_flush()
>    OR
>  block: blkdev_issue_flush() ?
>  Where I find
>         q = bdev_get_queue(bdev);
>         if (!q)
>                 return -ENXIO
>  isn't needed as anyway generic_make_request_checks() will
>  check that down below.
>  Not too sure about the other two checks though.

I was looking at your new function, but indeed it seems like the
function is mostly copy & pasted from blkdev_issue_flush.

The bdev->bd_disk, !bdev_get_queue and q->make_request_fn checks
are all things you don't need, any blkdev_issue_flush should not
either, although I'll need to look into the weird loop workaround
again, which doesn't make much sense to me.