Hello Marc.

Marc MERLIN - 08.07.17, 21:34:
> Sigh,
>
> This is now the 3rd filesystem I have (on 3 different machines) that is
> getting corruption of some kind (on 4.11.6).

Anyone else getting corruptions with 4.11?

I happily switch back to 4.10.17 or even 4.9 if that is the case. I may even
do so just from your reports. Well, yes, I will do exactly that. I just switch
back for 4.10 for now. Better be safe, than sorry.

I know how you feel, Marc. I posted about a corruption on one of my backup
harddisks here some time ago that btrfs check --repair wasn´t able to handle.
I redid that disk from scratch and it took a long, long time.

I agree with you that this has to stop. Before that I will never *ever*
recommend this to a customer. Ideally no corruptions in stable kernels,
especially when its a .6 at the end of the version number. But if so… then
fixable. Other filesystems like Ext4 and XFS can do it… so this should be
possible with BTRFS as well.

Thanks,
--
Martin