Oh ok. I read this in the man page and assumed that it's on by default:
       flushoncommit, noflushoncommit
           (default: on)

           This option forces any data dirtied by a write in a prior
transaction to commit as part of the current commit. This makes the
committed state a fully consistent view of the file system from the
           application’s perspective (i.e., it includes all completed
file system operations). This was previously the behavior only when a
snapshot was created.

           Disabling flushing may improve performance but is not crash-safe.

Maybe this needs a correction?

--
-Shyam