On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:55:24PM -0600, Liu Bo wrote:
> An invalid extent inline ref type could be read from a btrfs image and
> it ends up with a panic[1], this set is to deal with the insane value
> gracefully in patch 1-2 and clean up BUG() in the code in patch 3-6.
>
> Patch 7 adds one more check to see if the ref is a valid shared one.
>
> I'm not sure in the real world what may result in this corruption, but
> I've seen several reports on the ML about __btrfs_free_extent saying
> something was missing (or simply wrong), while testing this set with
> btrfs-corrupt-block, I found that switching ref type could end up that
> situation as well, eg. a data extent's ref type
> (BTRFS_EXTENT_DATA_REF_KEY) is switched to (BTRFS_TREE_BLOCK_REF_KEY).
> Hopefully this can give people more sights next time when that
> happens.
>
> [1]:https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg65646.html

The series looks good to me overall, there are some minor comments. The
use of WARN(1, ...) will lack the common message prefix identifying the
filesystem, so I suggest to use the btrfs_err helper and consider if the
WARN_ON(1) is really useful in the place. Most of them look like that.

in patch btrfs_inline_ref_types, rename it to btrfs_inline_ref_type, so
it's in line with other similar definitions.