Hi Duncan,

I'm not sure if this will attache to my original message...

Thank you for your reply. For some reason i'm not getting list messages even
tho i know i am subscribed.

I know all to well about the golden rule of data. It has bitten me  a few
times. The data on this array is mostly data that i don't really care about. I
was able to copy off what i wanted. The main reason i sent it to the list was
just to see if i could somehow return the FS to a working state without having
to recreate. I'm just surprised that all 3 copies of the super block got
corrupted. Probably my lack of understanding but i always assumed that if one
copy got corrupted it would be replaced by a good copy therefore leaving all
copies in a good state. Is that not the case. If it is then what back luck that
all 3 got messed up at same time.

Some information i forgot to include in my original message

uname -a
Linux thebeach 4.12.13-gentoo-GMAN #1 SMP Sat Sep 16 15:28:26 ADT 2017 x86_64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

btrfs --version
btrfs-progs v4.10.2

Anyways thank you again for your reply. I will leave the FS intact for a few
days in case anymore details could help the development of BTRFS and maybe
avoid this happening or having a recovery option.

Marc