On 2017-10-04 16:11, Liu Bo wrote:
From: Anand Jain <anand.j...@oracle.com>

Write and flush errors are critical errors, upon which the device fd
must be closed and marked as failed.

Can we defer the job of closing device to umount?

We can go mark the device failed and skip it while doing read/write,
and umount can do the cleanup work.

That way we don't need a dedicated thread looping around to detect a
rare situation.
If BTRFS doesn't close the device, then it's 100% guaranteed if it reconnects that it will show up under a different device node. It would also mean that the device node stays visible when there is in fact no device connected to it, which is a pain from a monitoring perspective.