Thanks for the detailed description!

It makes all sense. My question was rather stupid.

I shrunk the partition with gparted (I suppose it uses the btrfs
resize command) and then cloned the partition with clonezilla. I tried
to create a zvol of the same size but I got an error about the size (I
don't remember exactly), so I used qemu to expand the img. Then
imported the zvol into VMM and started the VM but I got again a blue
screen with the same error. After that I gave up and created a new VM.

Regards,
Nick