I was able to restore the root fs. I formatted the / partition with Btrfs
again and could restore the files from a backup.
Everything seems to be there, I can mount the Btrfs manually.
But booting does not work. My Btrfs resides on a logical volume. I changed
/boot/grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab to point to the lv. Before it was
pointing to a UUID.
But booting my SLES complains that it does not find the root fs. screenshot:
https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/2d6b374e8a8b40569d4f/?dl=1

I can manually mount from the booted SLES. So everything (Btrfs, lvm) seems
to be available. I added in menu.lst and fstab the path to the device node
(/dev/vg1/lv_root), which works on other systems the same way, the only
difference is there I have ext3.
But SLES finds from where I don't know a UUID (see screenshot). This UUID is
commented out in fstab and replaced by /dev/vg1/lv_root. Using
/dev/vg1/lv_root I can manually mount my Btrfs without any problem.

Where does my SLES find that UUID ? It is not available unter
/dev/disk/by-uuid. Can I change that value ?

Thanks for any help.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671