From: "Roman Mamedov" <r...@romanrm.net>
To: "Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <k.gavrile...@arhont.com>
Cc: "Linux fs Btrfs" <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Sent: Friday, 12 January, 2018 9:37:49 PM
Subject: Re: btrfs subvolume mount with different options

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:49:38 +0000 (GMT)
"Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <k.gavrile...@arhont.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> just wondering whether it is possible to mount two subvolumes with different
> mount options, i.e.
>

> |- /a  defaults,compress-force=lza

You can have use different compression algorithms across the filesystem
(including none), via "btrfs properties" on directories or subvolumes. They
are inherited down the tree.

$ mkdir test
$ sudo btrfs prop set test compression zstd
$ echo abc > test/def
$ sudo btrfs prop get test/def compression
compression=zstd

But it appears this doesn't provide a way to apply compress-force.

> |- /b  defaults,nodatacow

Nodatacow can be applied to any dir/subvolume recursively, or any file (as long
as it's created but not
written yet) via chattr +C.

--
With respect,