On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 03:29:50PM +0100, David Sterba wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 01:08:32PM +0800, Lu Fengqi wrote:
>> These set/get functions defined by BTRFS_SETGET_STACK_FUNCS macro is
>> missing the prefix stack. I can't add an extent buffer version set/get
>> function as the result of the function name conflict.
>
>Why do you need to add the extent buffer set/get helpers?

I just want to use the extent_buffer version set helper to set the
refs/flags of root_item. Of course, I can read_extent_buffer at first,
then use the stack version set helper, and write_extent_buffer at last.

>The function names will become quite long after adding the _stack
>string, so I'd rather be sure we really need it before changing the
>names everywhere.

Personally, I think we should follow the naming scheme to differentiate
between the stack version helper and the extent_buffer version helper
since we already have such a naming scheme.

>--

Thanks,
Lu