08.02.2018 18:43, Nick Gilmour пишет:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> How exactly was it done?
> 1. # mount /dev/sde6 /mnt
> 2. # cd /mnt
> 3. # mv @ @_old
> 4. # btrfs subvol snapshot /mnt/@_old/.snapshots/1594/snapshot /mnt/@

That's wrong for openSUSE. When you have installation with snapshots
enabled, @ is dummy subvolume that never holds actual content.

>> No, you should create subvolume @/.snapshots and mount it as /.snapshots
>> (and have it in /etc/fstab). Snapshots should always be available in
>> running system under fixed path and this only possible when it is
>> mounted, otherwise after rollback /.snapshots will be lost just like it
>> happened now.
>
> When I run this command I get an error:
> # btrfs subvolume create @/.snapshots
> ERROR: cannot access '@': No such file or directory

You have to give it path on mounted btrfs filesystem of course.

> but when I'm doing this:
> # btrfs subvolume create /.snapshots
> Create subvolume '//.snapshots'
> it works
>
> and this is what I see in the subvolumes list:
> ID 3541 gen 175955 parent 3540 top level 3540 path .snapshots

Without actual command that shows where you look it does not provide
much useful information.

> and then I can create a snapshot with snapper:
> # snapper -c root create --description "test"
>
> but snapper starts numbering from 1 again which I don't really like. I
> would like to keep the previous snapshots and continue the numbering
> after the last restored snapshot (1594).

openSUSE offers native support for reverting to previous root snapshot
while keeping all existing snapper snapshots. May be you should look at
it instead of reinventing the wheel?