On 2018-03-14 05:20, Nikolay Borisov wrote:
On 13.03.2018 17:06, Anand Jain wrote:
We aren't checking the SB csum when the device scanned,
instead we do that when mounting the device, and if the
csum fails we fail the mount. How if we check the csum
when the device is scanned, I can't see any reason for
why not? any idea?

So what problems does this solve? Only net "gain" I see is making a
function public (which is a minus in my book) thus expanding the public
interface.

A device with bogus SB's is effectively a missing device as far as the mount code is concerned. AFAICT, this patch results in it being treated more like a missing device right from the start.

OTOH, I'm not really sure if this is an improvement or not, as I've never had to deal with devices with invalid SB's before.