On 04/11/2018 02:32 AM, Qu Wenruo wrote:
[...]
>>> And we need to call such functions in each helper macros, with
>>> duplicated codes.
>>
>> Please look at the asm generated: even if the "source generated" by the
>> expansion of the macro is bigger, the binary code is smaller.
>> E.g. the code below
>
> No, I don't mean asm code, but C code.

May be that there is some misunderstanding: my code is about 20loc, your one is
about 50loc... I am missing something ?

[...]
>>> When passing random stream to dump-super, such reason will make output
>>> quite nasty.
>>> So just INVALID to info the user that some of the members don't look
>>> valid is good enough, as the tool is only to help guys who are going to
>>> manually patching superblocks.
>>
>> I think that we should increase the possible target also to who want to make
>> some debugging :-)
>
> There are several problems here to output the condition
>
> 1) Loose condition
> for basic alignment check it may looks good to output the condition, but
> the fact is, the condition is not 100% correct for 64K pages system.
> So when output IS_ALIGN(value, SZ_4K), it's not 100% correct.

I don't understand your statement: does the alignment is the same for all the
system ?. If not, this means that a filesystem created on a x86 might not work
on a PPC64 (which IIRC is a 64k page hardware) ?

> 2) Too long condition for some case.
> !(is_power_of_2(value) && value >= SZ_4K && value <= SZ_64K)
> This seems pretty strange in fact.

I agree that this is quite verbose... however if this is the constraint, why
not print it

> 3) C macro usage
>    Just a minor problem, macro usage such as SZ_4K/SZ_64K may not looks
>    good for new developers.

I find it quite clear and intuitive even if this is the first time that I
notice these macros

[...]
> Thanks,
> Qu
BR
G.Baroncelli

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5