On 2018-04-25 07:29, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
On Wed, 2018-04-25 at 07:22 -0400, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
While I can understand Duncan's point here, I'm inclined to agree
with
David

Same from my side... and I run a multi-PiB storage site (though not
with btrfs).

Cosmetically one shouldn't do this in a bugfix release, this should
have really no impact on the real world.

The typical sysadmin will anyway use some stable distribution... and is
there any which ships already 4.16?
Arch, Gentoo, and Void all have it ATM, but whether or not you want to consider them stable is another question.

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and Fedora Rawhide also have 4.16, though those are also of questionable stability.