On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 4:01 AM, David Sterba <dste...@suse.cz> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 09:40:34AM +0800, Liu Bo wrote:
>> path->keep_lock is set but @path immediatley gets released, this sets
>> ->keep_lock only when it's necessary.
>
> Can you please write down more details for context? This mostly repeats
> what the code does, but not why. Thanks.

Urr, right, I missed the important piece.

->keep_lock may hold the locks of all nodes on the path instead of
only level=1 node and level=0 leaf.  As it's more likely that lock
content happens on tree root and higher nodes, we have to release as
less locks as possible.

Will update in v2.

thanks,
liubo