Hi,

According to man btrfs [1], I assume that metadata_ratio=1 mount option should
force allocation of one metadata chunk after every allocated data chunk.
However,
when I set this option and start filling btrfs with "dd if=/dev/zero
of=dummyfile.dat",
only data chunks are allocated but no metadata ones. So, how does the
metadata_ratio
option really work?

Note that I'm trying to use this option as a workaround of the bug reported
here:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg75104.html

i.e. I want to manually preallocate metadata chunks to avoid nightly ENOSPC
errors.

Best regards.

Martin

[1] https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Manpage/btrfs(5)#MOUNT_OPTIONS