On 2018-05-16 22:32, Anand Jain wrote:

On 05/17/2018 06:35 AM, David Sterba wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 06:03:56PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
Not yet ready for the integration. As I need to introduce
-o no_read_mirror_policy instead of -o read_mirror_policy=-<devid>

Mount option is mostly likely not the right interface for setting such
options, as usual.

  I am ok to make it ioctl for the final. What do you think?

  But to reproduce the bug posted in
    Btrfs: fix the corruption by reading stale btree blocks
  It needs to be a mount option, as randomly the pid can
  still pick the disk specified in the mount option.

Personally, I'd vote for filesystem property (thus handled through the standard `btrfs property` command) that can be overridden by a mount option. With that approach, no new tool (or change to an existing tool) would be needed, existing volumes could be converted to use it in a backwards compatible manner (old kernels would just ignore the property), and you could still have the behavior you want in tests (and in theory it could easily be adapted to be a per-subvolume setting if we ever get per-subvolume chunk profile support).

Of course, I'd actually like to see most of the mount options available as filesystem level properties with the option to override through mount options, but that's a lot more ambitious of an undertaking.