On 07/11/2018 09:44 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 09:08:40AM +0800, Su Yue wrote:

On 07/11/2018 08:58 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 08:53:58AM +0800, Su Yue wrote:
Problems
1) btrfs check --repair _still_ takes all 32GB of RAM and crashes the
server, despite my deleting lots of snapshots.
Is it because I have too many files then?

Yes. Original check first gather all infomation about extent tree and
your files in RAM, then process one by one.
But deleting still counts, it does speed lowmem check up.

Understood.

2) I tried Su's master git branch for btrfs-progs to try and see how
Oh..No... My master branch is still 4.14. The true mater branch is
David's here:
https://github.com/kdave/btrfs-progs
But the master branch has a known bug which I fixed yesterday, please see
the mail.

So, if I git sync it now, it should have your fix, and I can run it,
correct?

Yes, please.

Ok, I am now running
gargamel:~# time btrfs check --mode=lowmem --repair /dev/mapper/dshelf2
using git master from https://github.com/kdave/btrfs-progs

Please stop check, plese.

The branch 'it' which I mean is
https://github.com/Damenly/btrfs-progs/tree/tmp1

I will report back how long it takes with extent tree check and whether
it returns clean, or not.

Marc