Hugo Mills wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 08:39:48AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
Duncan posted on Wed, 18 Jul 2018 07:20:09 +0000 as excerpted:

Perhaps it's a case of coder's view (no code doing it that way, it's just
a coincidental oddity conditional on equal sizes), vs. sysadmin's view
(code or not, accidental or not, it's a reasonably accurate high-level
description of how it ends up working most of the time with equivalent
sized devices).)

    Well, it's an *accurate* observation. It's just not a particularly
*useful* one. :)

    Hugo.

A bit off topic perhaps - but I've got to give it a go:
Pretty please with sugar, nuts, a cherry and chocolate sprinkles dipped in syrup and coated with icecream on top , would it not be about time to update your online btrfs-usage calculator (which is insanely useful in so many ways) to support the new modes!?

In fact it would have been a great- / even better as a- cli-tool.
And yes, a while ago I toyed about porting it to C for own use mostly, but never got that far.