On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 09:38:14PM +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 20.07.2018 20:16, Goffredo Baroncelli пишет:
[snip]
> > Limiting the number of disk per raid, in BTRFS would be quite simple to
> > implement in the "chunk allocator"
> >

> You mean that currently RAID5 stripe size is equal to number of disks?
> Well, I suppose nobody is using btrfs with disk pools of two or three
> digits size.

   But they are (even if not very many of them) -- we've seen at least
one person with something like 40 or 50 devices in the array. They'd
definitely got into /dev/sdac territory. I don't recall what RAID level
they were using. I think it was either RAID-1 or -10.

   That's the largest I can recall seeing mention of, though.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | Have found Lost City of Atlantis. High Priest is
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | winning at quoits.