On 07/23/18 18:50, David Sterba wrote:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 04:13:26PM +0200, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
While backporting a bunch of fixes to my own 4.16.x tree
(4.17 had a few too many bugs for my taste) I also ended up merging:

Curious, bugs in btrfs or the whole 4.17 kernel? And if bugs, real
breakage or backported fixes?

Overall. I don't remember specifics but skimming lkml at the time
didn't inspire a lot of confidence, and since I already had a large
number of hand-picked & backported patches from 4.17/4.18/4.19 :) for
btrfs, xfs, net, blk-mq & drivers - just the stuff I care about - I skipped
it instead of upgrading & rebasing everything. Might well be that the latest
4.17-stable works reliably, but 4.18 is already around the corner, so..
no really good reason. :)

cheers
Holger