On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.bt...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/18 6:42 PM, Dan Merillat wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:05 AM, Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.bt...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> But considering your amount of block groups, mount itself may take some
> time (before trying to resume balance).

I'd believe it, a clean mount took 2-3 minutes normally.

btrfs check ran out of RAM eventually so I killed it and went on to
trying to mount again.

readonly mounted pretty quickly, so I'm just letting -o remount,rw
spin for however long it needs to.  Readonly access is fine over the
weekend, and hopefully it will be done by monday.

To be clear, what exactly am I watching with dump-tree to monitor
forward progress?

Thanks again for the help!