On 18/10/2018 08.02, Anton Shepelev wrote:
I wrote:

What may be the reason of a CRC mismatch on a BTRFS file in
a virutal machine:

csum failed ino 175524 off 1876295680 csum 451760558
expected csum 1446289185

Shall I seek the culprit in the host machine on in the
guest one?  Supposing the host machine healty, what
operations on the gueest might have caused a CRC mismatch?

Thank you, Austin and Chris, for your replies.  While
describing the problem for the client, I tried again to copy
the corrupt file and this time it was copied without error,
which is of course scary because errors that miraculously
disappear may suddenly reappear in the same manner.

If The filesystem was running some profile that supports repairs (pretty much, anything except single or raid0 profiles), then BTRFS will have fixed that particular block for you automatically.

Of course, the other possibility is that it was a transient error in the block layer that caused it tor return bogus data when the data that was on-disk was in fact correct.