On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM Nikolay Borisov <nbori...@suse.com> wrote:

> On 27.11.18 г. 21:08 ч., Noah Massey wrote:

> >> I think the word product must be replaced with 'sum', since product
> >> implies multiplication :)
> >>

> > doesn't 'sum' imply addition? How about 'output'?
>
> It does and the code indeed sums the value and not multiply them hence
> my suggestion.

I'm sorry, I didn't phrase that well.

Since 'sum' already implies addition, it gets confusing with the
mathematical operators used later in the description. So, if a
objective noun is required, a generic term such as 'output' or
'result' reads more cleanly for me. OTOH, dropping that and creating
an actual expression

*IFF* the extent buffer's offset in the page + the offset passed in by
csum_tree_block() + the minimal length passed in by csum_tree_block()
- 1 > PAGE_SIZE.

is also straightforward.