For some reason, this did not come through...

------ Weitergeleitete Nachricht ------
Von: "Hendrik Friedel" <hend...@friedels.name>
An: "linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org" <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Gesendet: 25.05.2019 15:21:43
Betreff: Re: Migration to BTRFS

Hello

now after the filesystem worked fine as a single drive for a while, I'd like to
add the second device.

Label: 'DataPool1' uuid: c4a6a2c9-5cf0-49b8-812a-0784953f9ba3
        Total devices 1 FS bytes used 6.61TiB
        devid 1 size 7.28TiB used 6.89TiB path /dev/sdh1

I intend to move to BTRFS and of course I have some data already.
I currently have several single 4TB drives and I would like to move the Data
onto new drives (2*8TB). I need no raid, as I prefer a backup. Nevertheless,
having raid nice for availability. So why not in the end. I currently use ~6TB,
so it may work, but I would be able to remove the redundancy later.

So, if I understand correctly, today I want
-m raid1 -d raid1

whereas later, I want
-m raid1 -d single

What is very important to me is, that with one failing drive, I have no risk of
losing the whole filesystem, but only losing the affected drive. Is that
possible with both of these variants?

So, now I'd like to go this step:
-m raid1 -d raid1

Is it correct to:
btrfs device add /dev/sdd /srv/DataPool
btrfs balance start -dconvert=raid1 -mconvert=raid1

Or is there anything else, that I need to take care off?

There is not so much space left. Is it sufficient for the balance?

Regards,
Hendrik