On 1/20/21 11:15 AM, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
On 20/01/2021 17:09, Josef Bacik wrote:
I'm not against adding new actual keys and items
to the tree itself, but is there a way we could use our existing property
infrastructure that we use for compression, and simply store the xattrs in the
tree root?  It looks like we're just toggling a policy decision, and we don't
actually need the other properties in the item you've created, so why not just a
btrfs.preferred_metadata property with the value stored in it, dropped into the
tree_root so it can be read on mount?

+1 from my side as well.

I have the need for this in a planned/future series and I'd be more than happy
if
someone else would've already implemented it so I can jump on the train there.

Same, hoping to encourage a grenade jumper,

Josef